Edward is a blue tender engine.
- Tomy Trains (1994-98 - UK/US):
- Moves forwards and backwards, cab section with driver figure, seperately coupled tender, magnetic couplings.
- Plarail/Tomica World/Motor Road and Rail/TrackMaster by HiT Toy Company (1996-2002 - Japan; 2001-2009 - UK; 2002-2009 - US):
- Moves only forwards, power in tender, side-rods on driving wheels, hook and loop couplings.
- Plarail (2003-2018 - Japan):
- Updated face, stripes around the boiler, white running board.
- TrackMaster by Fisher-Price (2009-2012 - UK/US):
- Updated face, stripes around the boiler, different sticker details.
- TrackMaster by Fisher-Price (2012-2014 - UK/US):
- CG style face, new body and motor design, separately coupled tender, four operating wheels on engine instead of eight.
- TrackMaster (Revolution) by Fisher-Price (2014-present):
- Redesigned body with no middle wheel, new wheel rubber, side-rods starting in second row of pilot wheels, smaller tender, and motor with enhanced performance.
- Plarail (2018-present - Japan):
- CG style face, new body and motor design, separately coupled tender, side-rods starting in second row of pilot wheels, four operating wheels on engine instead of eight.
- Edward with Troublesome Truck and Troublesome Van (Plarail, Tomica World, Motor Road and Rail, TrackMaster [HiT Toy Company]
- Edward with four straight track pieces (Motor Road and Rail [US])
- Edward with two half straight track pieces (TrackMaster [HiT Toy Company])
- Edward (Tomy Trains, Motor Road and Rail [US], TrackMaster)
- Edward with Yellow Van (Plarail)
- Talking Edward (Plarail, TrackMaster [Fisher-Price])
- Glow in the Dark Edward (TrackMaster [Revolution])
- The prototype TrackMaster (Revolution) Edward shows him with no painted front wheels, as well as painted buffers.